The President shall be the chief elected officer of the Association and shall preside at all meetings of the delegate assembly. The President will be the chairperson of the Board of Directors and shall, with the advice and consent of the board, appoint all chairpersons of standing and special committees. The President will be ex-officio member of all committees. The President, or a person appointed by the Board of Directors, may serve as an ex-officio member to the Board of Directors of the New England Educational Opportunity Association (NEOA). The President shall be in no way employed by the Association.
- Call all Executive Board and General Board Meetings
- Preside at all General Board Meetings
- Attend NEOA Board Meetings
- Communicate with Executive Board and General Board about state and regional events/updates
- Evaluate the Association and make adjustments where necessary to assist with the development of the organization
- Respond to member and association concerns
The President-elect shall serve with the same powers as the President in the event that the President becomes incapacitated or resigns. The President may designate the President-Elect or the Vice President as an ex-officio representative on any committee.
The Vice-President shall serve with the same powers of the President-Elect in the event the President-Elect becomes incapacitated or resigns. The primary duties of the Vice-President will be to serve as organizer and chairperson of the annual conference.
- Organize conference committee and delegate conference responsibilities
- Develop conference theme and format
- Elicit workshop presenters/ideas
- Solicit donations from local companies to be utilized for the silent auction/raffle
- Confirm conference location and breakout spaces
- Arrange breakfast and lunch for conference
- Promote the annual conference to increase conference attendance
- Adhere to conference budget
The Treasurer shall be responsible for the receipts and expenditures of all funds in accordance with fiscal policies established by the Executive Committee. The Treasurer shall maintain appropriate and adequate financial records and shall be prepared at any time, at the direction of the Executive Committee, to surrender such records and moneys to the Executive Committee and the succeeding Treasurer. The Treasurer will submit a written report at all Board of Directors meetings and at the annual meeting.
- Make deposits and pay bills of the organization in a timely fashion
- Maintain accurate and detailed financial records
- Responsible for the annual conference’s registration process
The secretary shall have both recording and corresponding responsibilities. It shall also be the responsibility of the Secretary to incorporate the Treasurer’s report into the official records of the Association.
- Record accurate and detailed minutes of board meetings
- Type and disseminate all minutes to board members following meetings
- Manage the organizations email account
State Liaison will be responsible for, but not limited to, developing state action plans, soliciting input from state members for the Annual Plan, disseminating information to state members regarding NEOA, the Council for Opportunity in Education (COE), and other issues affecting TRIO projects and coordinating state networks and mobilization strategies.
- Attend NEOA Board Meetings
- Attend Policy Seminar and responsible for coordinating visits with legislators
- Seek opportunities to develop initiatives for strengthening educational opportunity programs
- Encourage members to support COE’s Fair Share campaign