|HOME ABOUT CAEOP NEWS EVENTS MEMBERSHIP PHOTO GALLERY CONTACT INFO|
Thursday, October 27, 2011, 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Capitol Building Hartford
October 27th, 2011
Meeting Called to Order/Introductions
Present: Kwasi Gyambibi, Lisa Brasile, Glenn Cassias, Donna Thompson, Beverley Hunter- Daniels, Erica Coleman
· Discussion of future CAEOP board
· Clarify roles
· Change bylaws to set 2 year limit for holding a position
· Just under $3,000 dollars
· Trio is on chopping block
· New strategic direction to protect trio
o Utilize funds to pick out key new people in congress who will directly affect outcomes and make an impact.
o Identify potential supporters
o Partner with state organizations not already involved with trio
o Increase visibility of NEOA
· We need to attend Murphy, Himes, Courtney luncheons
· In CT, Feb 23-24, 2012
· Ideas for underwriting: Dinner, breakfast?
· Estimated cost $29,000
· Budget is $11,000
o Overnight supervision
o Hotel fees
· Dyshann Anderson has been hired to work on new brochures and website
· Rob will send confirmation receipt to people registered. Eventually send reminder with parking and directions week before conference
· Cyrus Williams is keynote speaker
Know How 2 Go/College Access Network
· Marketing campaign on website
· Conference next week at SCSU
College Goal Sunday
· Will take place on January 29, 2012 at 12 locations around Connecticut.
· New locations: Windsor High School, University of Hartford, University of Bridgeport
· CCSU, Capitol CC, Hall High School will not be hosting.
· www.collegegoalsundayct.org up and ready for registrations
· Meetings first Friday of each month-Nov 4th Windsor High School at 1pm
· YMCA is hosting a webinar on Monday, Oct 31st at 1pm.
· Proposal to COE to create video to interview past and present Trio workers: challenges, comparison, documentation and also to educate newer staff.
1. Designed tentative script and training in November to be an interviewer: Assign interviewees, lighting, composition, sound
2. Filming: January
3. Editing: April
4. Final: May
5. Please contact Donna Thompson for information on participating.
· Kwasi would like to add a “donate now” button to the CAEOP website he will be working on that.
· March 8- location to be announced
State Capitol, The Old Judiciary Room, 3rd floor
| Copyright © 2007 Connecticut Association of Education Opportunity Programs. All Rights Reserved.
Login to Site Manager. Site design by The Blok Group.